Corruption of a Mask

 I thought I'd share a recent project. It's not much, but maybe it will inspire someone.

Basically, I modified a plastic mask to look creepier.

I got a blank plastic mask off Amazon. It didn't fit me or anyone else. If you could see out the eyes, the mask's chin was in your mouth - or at least not covering your chin.

I cut out the chin and widened the eyes with a razor.







I glued some landscaping fabric in the eyes to hide the eyes of whomever wears the mask.




I shredded some scrap burlap and used the strings to cover the mouth area.



Then I glued some more scraps of burlap to the mask with spray glue.



That's it so far.

I did not paint the mask first, because I was not sure how that would work with glue.

It looks OK for now. I need to consider ways to finish it, to make it more grungy without making it look a mess.

Comments

Popular Posts